Sunday, September 26, 2004

MY FATHER'S STARE

I sit and think of my mother today
in the heavens so far away
Where she belongs, I know it's true
but here on earth it makes us blue.

Sometimes the pain is so hard to bear
especially when I watch my fathers stare.
I know he thinks of her everyday
wondering why she had to go away.

As her children we've been through so much
but think of our father who misses her touch.
With all the love they once shared
I know he's thinking life's unfair.

He has been so strong for us
inside I know it must be tough.
47 years of love they shared
I guess that's why he sits and stares.

He knows he'll see her once he's gone
I think that's what keeps him so very strong.
He needs that love they once shared
I guess for now he'll sit and stare.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home