Tuesday, December 28, 2004

"I Gave You Everything" " What Did I Get In Return" ( "Part 2 Of "Torn Between Two Hearts")

I gave you my heart.
I gave you my soul.
I gave you everything,
for you to have and hold.
I gave you my mornings.
I gave you my nights.
I gave you my evenings,
for all your delights.
I gave you my life.
I gave you my breath.
I gave you my all,
for you to cherish.

What did I get in return,
put on hold until you were ready.
What did I get in return,
a call when you see fit.
What did I get in return,
wait for me, I'll call when I'm ready.
What did I get in return,
all you ask is time, is that to much to ask?
What did I get in return,
a love when it's conventient for you.

Now I ask you,
Was your love true?
Was the passion inside you real?
Are you perfect?
Do you expect me to be perfect?
Is there ever tomorrow?
Was there ever a life for you and me?
Was this another one of your games?

How I feel today,
Well I believe you love me,
but on your terms.
In which sometimes isn't good enough.
The passion I saw inside your eyes was real,
but only when conventient for you.
I know your not perfect,
if you will remember, I know you.
As far as tomorrow, I really don't know,
I know I love you, and don't want to hurt anyone.
But it seems that's where this is going to end.
And for the games,
yes sometimes I feel that's what you did string me along.
You left me without a call or anything,
at a time when I needed you most.
September was a terrible month,
and where were you?
Did you wipe away the tears? NO.
Did you try to help me through this? NO.
I still loved you.
But what was I to do?
Sit back and wait, or move on with my life.
I chose to move on with my life.
I never wanted to hurt anyone.
And still don't...
I wasn't expecting you to call back,
I really thought you had decided to end it.
When you love someone,
you don't desert them in their time of need.
I know you have some problems to deal with,
but that's no reason to neglect the one you say you love.

I look back now,
I never expected him to walk back into my life.
But he did, and he has been there for me.
He has loved me, and in a strange way, I love him.
I never knew it was possible to love two people at once,
but even through it all, I have found a love for both,
and with what you've done I still love you.
I love the passion inside you.
But I also love the care and comfort he has given me.

And with this,
I hope you understand.
It is possible to love two people.
I never wanted it to come to this,
but it has, and I'm sorry.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©2004

This story was written after a comment on my poem "Torn Between Two Hearts"...There are always two sides to a story...one you see...one you don't...I do love them both...for different reasons...And it is a very hard situtation to deal with...because in the end someone has to be hurt....And that someone will probably be me...because in the end...my heart tells me I can't choose between them...I will have to be alone...it's the only right choice...the only fair one...for them anyway...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home