Wednesday, January 12, 2005

" A Poets Thoughts"

These things I write today
come from deep inside my heart.
Sometimes I really don't know
exactly where to start.

At times it's a lonely road,
one of great despair.
Poets live through their words,
even if you feel it's not fair.

Hearts sometimes broken
by cynical words and sneers.
In a world of freedom of speech,
I've found our words, are just their fears.

And at times it's just to much,
for their hearts and minds to comprehend.
For in our words they find the truth,
a message they don't like us to send.

People just don't understand,
what's inside a poet's mind.
Nor do they see inside him,
the most beautiful things, you can find.

Some think you should always write
of rainbows, mountains and of love.
And all the things of beauty,
that come from above.

They don't really want you to write
what's deep down in your heart.
Because sometimes to them
it's just a little to dark.

But when a heart is in deep despair,
often it's hard for them to repair.
So what come from out of our soul,
really makes their hearts roll.


When it's to much for them to bear,
I just open up my heart and let it pour.
I let my pen do the talking,
and send the message even if it makes them sore.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©2004





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home