Wednesday, February 09, 2005

I Turn To You Lord

I turn to you for everything I need
as I lay here in this lonely room.
For tonight I am here all alone except you Lord,
without you my nights are hard to take.

I turn to you for all my strenght
to make it through these lonely nights.
Your love keeps me so safe and warm
as your love fills my heart.

I turn to you to ease the pain
held so tightly inside this mind.
As your loves flows so freely
from your heart so divine.

I turn to you for the love I so desire
inside my heart I am nothing without you.
To you my soul I have given,
inside is the heart you gave me.

I turn to you today more than ever Lord,
to give me the strength to go on living.
To be freed from the pain of others judgements upon me,
for you know my heart better than I do myself.

I turn to you everyday Lord,
because I am not perfect by no means.
But one thing I know today is I believe and I trust
with all my heart that you know what's best for me.

I turn to you again Lord,
to place compassion and love deep within my heart.
To take away the anger inside my soul,
and replace it with your divine love.

I turn to you Lord,
because I know you are the way, the truth and the light.
You are there through all the storms in my life,
you strengthen me when I am down.

I turn to you with all my heart today Lord,
to thank you for being there for me at every turn in my life.
To thank you Lord for my family and friends,
and for our health and our love we share.

I turn once again Lord,
To praise your Holy name.
For you are the only way,
the only truth, the only life.

I Thank You Lord For Everything.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©02-07-05

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem of love to our Savior. I'll be back to read more.

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful words from a beautiful heart Joyce...Love you, Jenny

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home