Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Alone I'll Stay

In our lives people come and go,
the reasons why I'll never know.
They say they love you, but who's to know
the love they say they have doesn't always show.

They up and leave without a word,
leaving your heart feeling so injured.
Today I turn my heart back to stone,
and live my life all alone.

That is really best for me you see,
cause here I am on the back side of forty.
Set in my own ways,
my mind mostly in a daze.

I guess what I'm trying to say,
is I'm ok with the way it is today.
My love for you will stay in my heart,
just like it has from the start.

Your love was very special you see
but right now it's not right for you and me.
Friends we may be again one day,
but alone for now is where I'll stay.


Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©05-06-05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home