Friday, December 09, 2005

True To Me

I thought one day I'd just go away,
find myself along the way.
But that doesn't seem to be the plan
for I still don't know who I am.
All my life I've belonged to someone,
not me, never have I just belonged to myself.
But I think it's time I run and hide
and find myself along the way.
If they don't like it well to hell with them,
I'm just so tired of not knowing who I am.
I'm on my way out but not without a fight,
because I will find myself along the way.
So for now just move on over
because it's what I have to do.
If I can't find myself and be true to me,
how in this world will I ever be true to you.
You seem to think I need to change,
so buddy this is the way it will be.
I am gone now to find myself,
now let's hope you'll like what I find.
From now on I plan to be true to me
and maybe when it's over I can be true to you.
If you really love me hun then you will be there when I return.
If you don't I guess I'll live at least I'll know I've been true to me.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©11-09-05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home