Thursday, October 14, 2004

MY BUTTERFLY

I was kissed by a butterfly, late one day,
as our kids began to play.
My friend and I, just sitting there,
taking in the, the nice fresh air.

Talking about things, from long ago,
wondering why life, had treated us so.
Landing on me there,
was this butterfly, in my hair.

As we sat and talked of life today,
that beautiful butterfly, wouldn't go away.
I tried to get her to go,
but something in me, told me no.

Leave her there, and let her stare,
this beautiful butterfly, in my hair.
Was it mom, I would ask?
As my friend began to laugh.

But as the day went on,
that beautiful butterfly,
wouldn't leave me alone.
To this day, she still comes home.

So now I ask you, what you think?
Does it make, your heart sink?
Mine it does, for I believe,
it was mom I did receive.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©2004

Janiece I dedicate this poem to you...in rememberance of the day..I was kissed by a butterfly.... in my heart I know it's mom...letting me know she's ok... and I think that you do too...for I feel it when we talk...about that day not long ago... when mom landed on my toe...in my hair and on my arm...sitting there staring as she did...I know it's her and I don't care...what anyone thinks....I love you MOM...MY BUTTERFLY...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home