Thursday, October 14, 2004

POETS AT HEART

We're all poets from the heart,
but sometimes we don't know, just where to start.
So I think about angels to begin,
or maybe the stars, for the end.

Or maybe today it's about the sun,
who knows tomorrow, it may be a gun.
Today may be about death, how it touches our life,
or how we feel about the world, and all it's strife.

Or maybe it's the rainbows, after the rain,
or maybe the little old man, with his cane.
It might be my Best friend, I love so much,
or my man, and his loving touch.

Who knows, what will come from me today,
it may be that, I'm going away.
There's no worry about that, you'll never see that in your site,
cause in this world I have to write.

I never know, what will come from my pen,
I just open up my heart, and I begin.
It may not flow that easy from the start,
but when I end it's from, my poetic heart.

Copy Rights By: Joyce Wilbanks Ivy



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

joyce this is great. jessie

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home