Monday, April 04, 2005

The Only Thing For Me

Trying to see the good in what we have,
but its so hard when all I can find is the strife.
I need you in my life,
I know and realize this.

But controlling myself enough to give in to loving you,
is the hardest thing I for me do.
Struggling every day just to overcome this fear,
fear that you'll someday dissappear.

Leaving my heart full of pain,
but I want to believe that something you wouldn't do.
My mind is telling me to trust you,
my heart wants to do the same.

But the caution signs are all lit up,
getting ready to point the blame.
Its going to take all I have in me,
not to let myself push you away.

You are the only one I want to stay,
For more than just one day.
It gets harder and harder to continue to play.
I fear it's never going to stay.

Your the one perfect thing in my life,
the one thing that I need.
But my heart keeps telling me don't fall to fast,
or this will never last.

Trying to push down my fears and doubts,
just to achieve the one thing I need
You,
The only thing for me.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©04-04-05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home