Monday, June 13, 2005

Alone But Not Lonely

Here alone I may be,
but at least I'm living so damn free.
Living and loving as I wish,
not acting like you so damn foolish.

You might ask me not to do things that you don't like,
but never demand your wishes be met or I might strike.
I am a woman who has a mind of her own,
and I don't like demands the way they've been thrown.

If you really love me like you say you do,
then why now do you treat me like a worn out shoe.
Always asking me why I have an attitude with you,
your asking for a fight when you do what you do.

If you can't take me the way that I am,
well hit the door you damned old sham.
Your cheap falseness drives me up the wall,
never again will you see me bawl.

I am finished with this your driving me nuts,
we always end up in the same damn ruts.
You not trusting anything that I do,
well boy let me tell you I'm not your damned old shoe.

So you just go and do what you must,
for I never believe it's me you'll trust.
But you'll never be happy if you don't let go and be true,
and trust someone who's really in love with you.

So for now I guess I'll spend my time alone,
and play in my computer that cuts you to the bone.
Because when I get ready to write for a while,
you won't be here and I'm gonna smile.

Cause alone but not lonely is where I'll be,
and if you love me then you know where to find me.
But things will be different from here on out,
cause I'm not taking your shit is what you'll hear me shout.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©06-13-05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home