Saturday, June 11, 2005

Grandfathers Day

A Poem Written By My Sister Jenny

GRANDFATHER'S DAY"

Your name is Loyd,
And you are my Granfather.
I never knew you,
But I wish that I had.

I want to know about mama,
When she was a little girl.
But now I'll never know,
Because you've been gone for sixty years.

One thing I do know is,
HE took mama away.
But I feel I understand,
Although I'm very sad.

You asked HIM for her,
For your birthday.
And HE answered and said,
Happy Birthday Loyd.

She missed you so,
I realize now, she just had to go.
And Terry needed his mama,
He had her, only a short time.

So Grandfather, take care of my mama,
And mama, hold on to Terry.
I know in my heart,
All the hugs and kisses,

That your giving him,
Are coming straight down,
From heaven above...

Love you mama,
Jenny Lanell Wilbanks Roberson....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home