Friday, May 26, 2006

"Daddy's Little Girl"

I was sitting in your lap last night
Well it seemed like yesterday
The years have past so very fast
Your body now withered and frail
But I still remember the days
When I was daddy's little girl
Hand in hand we'd walk
A smile upon my face
Everywhere you went
Your little girl would have to go
To the lake with our poles
We went every chance we got
And Saturday night was set aside
Just for wrestling at the rink
Everything you did
Was for daddy's little girl
No longer can I sit in your lap
But I still remember those days I did
Your body now withered and frail
But your heart is still the same
And when I look into your eyes
I still see "I'm daddy's little girl"
I know one day you'll be gone
And those days I'll surely miss
I'll look upon them
And remember a childhood of love
I'll always think about those days
When I was "daddy's little girl"

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home