Thursday, May 25, 2006

Proven Love

You picked a small flower
And handed it to me
You said I love you
Now let it be
You picked up your phone
While I was standing there
You dialed my number
And said my love with you I'll share
You picked up the paper
And scribbled a note
To me you handed it
And I read what you wrote
You said that you loved me
that's all that you know
You didn't know why
I felt your love didn't show
You reached over and hugged me
close to your heart
You said your love for me
was as it was from the start
You told me to close my eyes
So I couldn't see
From your back you pulled a bouque
And said it was for me
I sat on the bench
I began to cry
I had questioned your love
And I didn't know why
You asked me if I wanted you
Too paint a picture for me
You said that the picture
would be of how you
Wanted our love to be
When I look to see
What you had done
This time there was no way
From your love I could run
For I saw a big red heart painted there
You said it was for
All your love you wanted to share
I knew right then
That your love was true
I reached over and kissed you
That's all I could do
You said have I proven
My love for you is sound
I said yes
And too your love I am bound
As I sat there with you
on the swing that night
I held on to you
Ever so tight
Never again will I question
Your love for me
From this day on
I will just let things be

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©05-25-06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home