Monday, September 18, 2006

Time

Life is too short to pass us by
My children growing up before my eyes
I'll love them till this days end
Even more as the new day begins
Time just seems to fly to fast
One day it's our future then it's our past
Where does it go I have to ask
Each day brings a whole new task
One baby grown
With three of her own
One with a passion for music inside
The sixth grade and blooming and trying to hide
But no where to run for time does tell
Your growing up now and it's a living hell
Another who's as smart as can be
I know she didn't take after me
In the third grade and feeling grown up
Always wanting to put on my makeup
Last but not least there is my son
It's kindergarden he's just begun
Where did it go this time that I held
Right here in my hands I feel I have failed
I let it slip away right before my eyes
Oh how this time just flies flies flies
Older I am but it's just another year
Can't cry over spilled milk can't shed another tear
Time can be a friend to us all
Because no longer is my family so small
Four children and three grandchildren too
I guess for that reason I'll never be blue
For as I get older I know they'll take care of me
Because they truly love their mommy
So as this time just slips on bye
I'll put on my smiling face and try not to cry

Written By:JoyceWilbanksIvy©10-08-06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home