Tuesday, September 28, 2004

I KNEW

I will never forget that day
as long as I shall live.
When dad called and said
get here as fast as time will allow.

I heard the desperation in his voice
as it trembled, soft and low.
I knew before I got there
it was your time to go.

Those few miles between us
seemed a thousand on that day.
I knew before I got there
Mama, you couldn't stay.

I walked into that room
to see you laying there,
my heart stopped beating
for I knew you weren't there.

I could see there was no life left in you,
no matter how hard they tried.
God had sent his angels
and there was nothing we could do.

As I sat there beside you,
I held your hand and I begged you to breath.
My heart was ripped out that day
for a part of me was taken away.

I knew at that moment as I looked down at you,
I would never see you in this life again.
But one thing I do know
I will see you again when it's my time to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home