Wednesday, October 27, 2004

AS THE TEARS FLOW

I thought I meant something to him,
but he was just like the rest of them.
He brought to my knees,as the tears begin to flow,
why did I have to be the last one to know.

My heart ripped out, from deep within,
oh, what are we gonna do with all these men.
They think these younger women, are all for them,
as they play their little games of pretend.

Never giving it a second thought,
about all the sadness, that they've brought.
Playing with your soul, and with your heart,
one day they'll find out, that's not so smart.

As the tears flow down, from my face again,
I hope he enjoys, his game of pretend.
And when she's gone, from his life,
I dare him to bring me, all his strife.

Because this little girl doesn't like, these games you play,
and out of my life, is where you'll stay.
No longer will you toy with this heart of mine,
without you, my life will be fine.

For I took the key, and locked my heart,
just like I knew, I should have done from the start.
You were my knight in shining armor and best friend,
but now it's over, after your game of pretend.

As the tears flow down my face,
I look at another, time and place.
A time when I thought you were the best thing for me,
the sadness wells inside my heart, for I know it wasn't meant to be.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©2004

Kelly I dedicate this poem to you...I wrote this poem for several reasons...not just for the one on your list...but also for all the men who play with womens hearts...Just remember he's not worth it...just as Ben wasn't...there is someone out there for you..just waiting...for the right time....We will find that happiness one day... I know we will... There are good men out there...lol









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home