Thursday, October 21, 2004

THAT SUMMER DAY

On that beautiful, summer day,
all your love, you did portray.
Echos of words, from my past,
the day we met, it happened so fast.

The graveled pathway, adorned by love,
as two hearts, begin to shove.
A love that emits, life's burning light,
my heart true, as it burns bright.

Consumed by a love, that will endure,
from these hardships, I am sure.
Companions forever, in my heart,
lost in this love, right from the start.

As the pleasant, memories begin,
my heart aches, for you again.
The visions of joy, I receive from your smile,
nothing like this, have I seen in awhile.

Reflections of our path, can't escape my clouded sight,
as my weakened soul, lays down for the night.
Illusions heal, my darkened state,
with visions of you, as my lasting mate.

Liberated from these sorrow's, I once knew,
as salvations hand, came shining through.
Purging my heart with your cleansing touch,
as I realized, I loved you so much.

In my heart, you do control,
everything about me, even my soul.
As I reach out into the night,
I hope tomorrow, you'll make things bright.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home