Monday, October 18, 2004

MY POET FRIENDS

I have met lots of friends on the net,
they've changed my life, you can bet.
None more so, than on dreamers site,
with their poems, they make life bright.

All their poems, come from their hearts,
inside my mind, the spinning starts.
Each time I read, these poems on here,
to each one, my heart feels near.

They write of things, from their life,
love and laughter, fears and strife.
All these things, they do write,
the tears come down, no matter how hard I fight.

You have sweet little Amy, who lost her mother,
she makes my heart, melt like butter.
She is so dear, to us all.
she's only seven, I know she's so small.

But in her poems, she has a big heart,
she captured mine, right from the start.
All of her poems, they are so sweet,
all of them, are such a treat.

Then you have Clive, who seems so serious,
sometimes this man, makes me delirious.
Clive I believe is quit a man,
someone who would really understand.

I know he's been, through alot in life,
dealing with sickness and of strife.
Missing his daughter, and so much more,
worrying about the children, and what they have in store.

Oh, then there Mere, who I worry about so much,
she's so young, and out of touch.
The things she writes, I understand,
to her I extend, a loving hand.

I know things are tough, for her right now,
I want to help her, but I just don't know how.
All I can do, is give her an ear,
and hope to ease, some of her fear.

Then there's Meridan, who writes of love,
and all the things, from up above.
Things of days, way in the past,
she sets the stage, for it's cast.

Through her stories, I can see,
she set's her stage, to a T.
Makes you feel, you are there,
at these plays, she has to share.

Oh yes, Barb you must see,
her mind works, just like me.
Things of passion, she beholds,
just like the stories, I have told.

Her mind it wanderers, all the time,
she writes from her heart, and does so fine.
In her poems, she writes of fear,
but also holding, life so dear.

But about Miss Terrie, I must say,
her poems touch me, in such a way.
She understands, so much about me,
from her comments, that I can see.

This lady, she has a heart of gold,
with her first poem, I was sold.
but like me, she's been touched by death,
I can feel it, with every breath.

Let's not forget Ben, who is our friend,
he's the one, who can make my heart mend.
From his poems, that he sends,
here is where the laughter begins.

All his poems, I really dig,
even the one, of his roadhouse gig.
Our little singer, and his brew,
in the morning, he will stew.

He takes away, so much of my pain,
from his poems, I have so much to gain.
He makes me laugh, so hard I cry,
sometimes I even feel, I could die.

To all whom, I write about here,
to each one, in my heart I hold so dear.
We've shared so much, on dreamers site,
I take these poems with me, as I lay down at night.

I've laughed and I've cried, as we've shared these things,
about love, losses and caffeine, also about angels with their wings.
To all my friends on dreamers site, I'll remember you all my days,
and how you've touched my life, in so many ways.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©2004


This poem is to all my friends on dreamers site...even the ones I didn't write about...I do try to read all the poems..but there are so many of them here..maybe one day I will get to them all....until then I've picked out a few... Amy, Clive, Mere, Meridan, Barb, Terrie, and oh yes Ben... they have touched my life is so many ways...to all of you...I thank you from my heart....






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home