Thursday, November 11, 2004

I CHEATED DEATH

Tuesday death came knocking
at my hearts door.
And I cheated death once more.

The grim reaper had to leave,
at the hospital,I gave him a fight,
cause I wasn't ready, to go into the light.

They gave me a shot of epinephrine
and with that I did win.
and the reaper had to leave me again.

As my brother told my sister one year ago
DON'T GO INTO THE LIGHT.
Well I gave that monster a good old fight.

They got my adrenalin flowing right
now I'm at home ready to write.
And the reaper has lost his fight.

He may have had his grip on me
now I laugh in his face,
Because this time I won the race.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©2004


I wrote this poem because of a stupid thing I did Tuesday and almost cost me my life...I mixed amino and Bleach to clean and messed up my lungs...was hospitalized and now I am on breathing treatments and protozoan ...and will be for a while...But I was able to cheat death this time...and I am home ready to write...So people remember never be an idiot like me.....Don't mix chemicals...lol....it can kill you....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl you be carefull, I can't go without reading your writings and thinking of you.Ben

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home