Saturday, November 13, 2004

IMPRISONED

In this vessel lays a soul,
only wanting to fulfill it's role.
Imprisoned by a darkened heart,
just waiting for a fresh new start.

A gleam of love and hate inside
no where else to run and hide.
Desperately seeking it's place in life
in a world so filled with strife.

Plagued by haunting visions still
inside my mind they are real.
As the reaper smirks, and slips away
telling me, he'll be back another day.

Camouflaged in a gruesome black
he takes away, but never gives back.
But when he comes, this time for me
inside my heart I will be free.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©2004



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tora is right Joyce you do have a talent for writing.I enjoy reading your blog everyday.This poem really show me a soul in pain and heartache.Even in your darked state you still write so well.Keep writing and know someone out here feels your pain with you.Ben

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home