Wednesday, December 08, 2004

"6 Children" Made From Love

Tony, Terry, Teddy,
Joyce Jenny, Julie.
Boy it does have a ring
what was Mom thinking, when she did this thing.
Guess she knew what she was doing
but it has my poor head wooing.
All my life I wondered, What was my name?
Was it Jenny, Julie, or Joyce ?
Oh no here it is again, I hear her voice.
She's calling you this time Tony
so what if she yelled Teddy or Terry, both of you were boney.
I know it's you she wants, and you've had it too
because you pushed me off the house, your butts gonna be blue.
Now Jenny this time it was you
yea she called Julie, but you threw the shoe.
Now that boy probably still carries a scar
you through that damn shoe so very hard.
Ok now Julie it has to be you, not me this time
it has to be you that did the crime.
She may have called Joyce, but you tell the truth, don't run out the door
your the one who poured the potatoes in the floor.
Yes Teddy she yelled Tony or Terry
but you better get you ass on a ferry.
Because it's your ass that might have to carry a scar
if she ever finds out you through that tomato in that car.
Another one who carries a scar on their head
it's a wonder that poor man isn't dead.
Ok it is me this time not Julie or Jenny
I was the one that stole that damn penny.
You know this is a funny little story
but in it lies the truth and the glory.
For a mother who named her children this way
even with her gone to heaven, I still hear it, to this day
Tony, Terry, Teddy, Joyce, Jenny, Julie.
We were the 6 children made from their love
now Moms in heaven with Terry, both free as a dove.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©2004

This little story or poem whatever you want to call it is to all of us...lol...Tony, Terry, Teddy, Joyce, Jenny, Julie...We always laughed about how she named us...She never could call us by the right name...but we knew who she meant when she yelled...lol...I always wandered why she didn't name us with names that started with an M...You see my Dads name was Thomas....but mom's was Minnie...LOL...I was just sitting here thinking of her as usual and this was what came into my mind....love you all very much... And you to Daddy
PS: Mom love you and Terry too!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home