Thursday, December 09, 2004

Happy Happy Christmas

I was driving to work today
and I guess I really have to say.
I was still a little down
wearing that nasty frown.
When on the radio came on this song
I hadn't heard in so long.
Happy Happy Christmas
and inside my car it was playing so loud .
I could hear my mother singing, and I was so proud.
For I could feel her singing to me
just the way it use to be.
I knew right then and there
she was telling me, No life's not fair.
But girl pick up you head and stand proud
and enjoy your Christmas, as mother sings out loud.
For I will be with you from now on
just listen with your heart and you'll hear me sing you a song .
Just enjoy your Christmas with your Dad
and my babies that you had.
I'll always be there just for you
and tell the others not to be blue.
So today with what she placed in my heart
I'll enjoy my Christmas, even though we're apart.
For I know this will be a great Christmas for her there
with her son and the others in heaven and all the love they now share.
And I'll listen to her in my heart everyday
as she sends her songs down my way.
Now I guess I'll go put up my tree
and let my childen have a Happy Happy Christmas with me.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©2004

This was what came in my heart yesterday as I was driving to work...I feel my mother with me everyday...but yesterday was different...it really made me happy...and then when I got home I was writing my poem...I stopped to check my emails...and I had 1 that really got to me...I won't disclose the content of the email...but it really made me think even more about this grief and how I am dealing with it...and to this person I thank you for that...I really needed it...I hope you all enjoy my poem and have a Happy Happy Christmas...I plan on have one myself...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home