Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Broken Heart And Shattered Soul

Why must there be so much pain,
within this heart my love for you will always remain.
Locked up tight within my soul,
for your love made my world seem whole.

Why in the world did you want me to change,
everything within reach, everything to gain.
My love you had from the very start,
a love from deep within my heart.

You said you loved everything about me way back when,
why now must I change, from the way I was then.
I loved you no matter what you said or did,
now again from this world I must stay hid.

Broken heart and shattered soul,
as now my world doesn't seem whole.
Within me there was a love so very deep,
loosing your love makes my heart weep.

As I lay here and watch the rain,
my soul broken from all this pain.
To know I'll never feel your touch upon my skin,
nor see that beautiful smile as you grin.

Lonely here I try my best,
but thoughts of you won't let me rest.
As the thunder breaks the silence in the sky,
all the good memories of you come flying by.

Why couldn't you take me the way I was when we met,
and love me forever, for I thought our lives were really set.
Why wasn't your love strong enough to bend,
broken heart and shattered soul as it all comes to an end.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©02-22-05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home