Monday, February 14, 2005

A Special Valentine

Went to visit my mom today,
not much there just a grave.
For some reason I can't stay away,
as I try to live and for her be brave.

Went to place flowers upon the ground,
were she now sleeps safe and sound.
A beautiful little rose bush placed with love,
as mom now soar the heavens above.

I placed one on my Ma-maw Pete's
where now she also sleeps.
A beautiful pink one placed with love,
as she now soars with mom above.

I know their happy up with the Lord,
these to women I so adored.
Flying free upon the clouds so high,
way up in the heaven they now fly.

As we move on with our live down here,
all their memories we hold so dear.
The two women who died on those September days,
and left our lives empty in so many ways.

To them I wish a special Valentines Day,
to let them know how sorry I am they went away.
Their memories inside my heart I will forever hold,
with each passing day as I grow old.


A Special Valentine!!!!!! for two very special women...
Happy Valentines Day Mom and Ma-maw Pete...Mother and Daughter to die 27 days apart...We Love and Miss you both....

Minnie Lee Warren Wilbanks
March 16, 1941- September 3, 2004
63 years old

Vara May Waldo Warren Alexander
June 2, 1919- September 30, 2004
85 years old

JoyceWilbanksIvy02-14-05

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL POETRY JOYCE!!!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home