Friday, March 04, 2005

Hush Little One

Hush little one don't you cry,
mamas now with you way up high.
So many years she longed for you,
now in heaven she's no longer blue.

With you in her arms, ever so tight,
I know she now rests all through the night.
Giving you all those kisses upon your little cheek,
thoughts of you made her so weak.

So hush little one don't you cry,
she is now with you way up in the sky.
I see her up there holding you,
these thoughts console me though and though.

I know she has a big smile on her face,
for now moms with you in the lords place.
He took care of you all these years,
As my mother shed so many tears.

So hush little one don't you cry,
just soar the heaven as you and mom fly.
Way up high your wings do shine,
a glimmer of hope that mom is fine.

With you there so far away,
my mom went on that September day.
I know she's happy there with you,
that's what helps me make it through.

So hush little Terry don't you cry,
for mom flies with you way up high.
Let her know we love and miss her here,
hug her tight, for you now hold someone dear.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©03-04-05

This poem is about my brother Terry who died so many years ago...His death at 3 months old tormented my mother for many years...My thoughts of her soaring the heavens with him...is what helps me accept her death and make it through these lonely days without her...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is what helps me too Joyce....Nice poem!!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home