Wednesday, March 02, 2005

In That House She Called Home

Went to Moms grave again today,
it's been 6 months since she went away.
To heaven she went and left us here,
with each new day we shed more tears.

We talk of her as if she hasn't gone,
sometimes I feel she's at home.
Home I believe is where she is,
in that old house where she raised her kids.

That little old house it stands alone,
as if it's waiting for her to come home.
I drive up in the driveway just to look at the door,
where I saw her standing so many times before.

She missed that place oh so bad,
it makes my heart feel so very sad.
So many years her and Dad spent there,
oh, all the birthdays we went there to share.

The old house was so full of love,
I know Moms there, even though she's above.
I believe the Lord will let her spend some time there,
where Moms heart was when life wasn't fair.

Where she lived when Dad went down,
when he had to quit work and move out of town.
She just hated to leave that house with all it's memories inside,
to live with my sister where they did reside.

Until Mom died on that September day,
and went to heaven so very far away.
Never to see her again until we have gone,
but I'll keep looking for her, in that house she called home.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©03-02-05

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this Joyce!!!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home