Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Homesick

Homesick in my mind,
just wanting to go way back in time.
To a time when it was clear who I was,
when life gave me a natural buzz.

Back to a time when life was simple,
and I loved that boy with the cutest dimple.
When mom was here sharing her love,
and everything fit just like a glove.

To those days of bellbottom pants,
those days we lived just to dance.
Peace signs on everything that came through the door,
if we couldn't bye it, Mom sewed on everything we wore.

Oh how homesick I am for those days,
when we wore our hair in the craziest ways.
The nights we roamed all the streets,
didn't have to worry about all the creeps.

We'd smoke a joint or two,
just to keep us from feeling blue.
We'd laugh so hard we would cry,
I hurt so bad I thought I'd die.

If I could turn back time to when Mom was here,
a time when I had her and there was no fear.
I'd turn it back to those crazy days,
and hope the years would pass slowly away.


Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©04-12-05

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS!!! LOVE THE PIC TOO!!! I SO WISH WE COULD GO BACK!!!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home