Thursday, August 25, 2005

Remembering You

You consume every minute of my night and my day,
you consume every minute even though your away.
You evoke the muse here within this mind,
with memories of you and a heart so kind.

I try to send you way back inside this brain,
but all your memories come flowing down just like the rain.
I know I'll never forget you, for inside my heart you'll stay,
all the things you did and said just won't go away.

In the back of my mind I still see you standing there,
knowing this was the last day of our love we would ever share.
It pains me now to think of that day,
and how I hurt you as you walked away.

I know you loved me from deep in your heart,
I could see that in your eyes right from the start.
I know that I loved you, but things happened so fast,
I'm sorry our love just didn't last.

I never wanted to hurt you with the things that I've done,
it's just my life came unraveled just as things for us had begun.
I know one day you'll come to grips with this,
and remember all the fond memories of our very first kiss.

Maybe by then you'll find forgiveness for me,
and see that our lives together just weren't meant to be.
When you do maybe we can talk this out,
and you'll know that I loved you without a doubt.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©08-25-05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home