Saturday, October 22, 2005

I'll Never Break My Promise

I shall be here for you always
If ever you do decide to call
We were friends many years
If you should care to recall

What reasons could there be
You have chosen to ignore
As a friend I can be reached
Like many times before

I continue trying to reach you
As I hoped to keep in touch
Am I supposed to just forget
When we shared so very much

If you turned your back on me
Have the decency to explain
I never did break my promise
As your friend I shall remain

Promises are something sacred
and too you I promise this
I'll be here for you always
even if you've turned away

I know your life is busy
and time just slips away
but in my heart I promised
to be there for you each day

I will never break that promise
to my friend of many years
I will love for eternity
my best friend of many years

I will always love you
what ever lays in store
Just remember one thing
my heart is always an open door

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©10-22-05

1 Comments:

Blogger poisonivy said...

thanks

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home