Tuesday, October 19, 2004

LET'S PRETEND...OH NO...NOT AGAIN

Summer days are over,
as winter does begin.
Now the little children,
all they can do is pretend.

Games inside, they can play,
inside until the next, summers day.
A game of pretend, who will win,
you can bet it won't be me, in the end.

They have Red Rover, Red Rover,
send that ole dog on over.
I'd like to send him somewhere,
just to get him out of my hair.

Then they play, Hide And Seek,
but it seems someone, will always peek.
And thats were the crying begins,
it seems, it never ends.

Today they play, Red Light, Green Light,
but once again, all they do is fight.
If Jordan says go, my Taylor has to stop,
what can I do, I'm about to drop.

Here we go again, Simon Says, OH NO,
my little Taylor, she will put on a show.
Jordan will get mad again, she won't... want to pretend,
and off to their rooms, I will have to send.

These winter days, are way to long,
why don't we just, sing a song.
A song of love, that's what we can do,
or how about the little ole lady, who lives in the shoe.

Now come on girls, not again,
I really don't, want to pretend.
You dress up, and I'll watch from here,
then you can see my face, as I sneer.

Stay out of my makeup now, or your in trouble,
for you Taylor, that goes double.
You get your lips, way to red,
all my makeup, I find on your head.

OK girls this day is over, time for bed,
I have this terrible aching, in my head.
If you want to play pretend, again tomorrow,
you better go to bed, or there will be sorrow.

Good night to you both, I love you so much,
give mommy a big kiss, with your loving touch.
Maybe tomorrow we can play pretend,
and maybe this time, I'll even join in.

So until these winter days are over,
I guess all we can do is pretend.
Maybe I won't pull my hair out by then,
until the summer days get here again,
I guess they will win!!!

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©2004

I dedicate this poem to my two daughters JORDAN and TAYLOR...I love you both very much....







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home