Sunday, November 21, 2004

GONE BUT FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS

The Lord came today..he took mama away,
now she flies high..way up in the skies.
At peace with her daddy...she so longed see,
a peace I know...is there for me.

Holding her son... she couldn't wait to see,
now in heaven...she is with thee.
So many tears...from a heart now free,
gone to her son... it was meant to be.

Mama I just didn't want you to go,
I still need the love...you did show.
I need you in my life...and now that will never be,
Because God came today...and took you from me.

Now you soar the heavens...free as can be,
free from the sorrows ...on earth you did see.
Away from a life...that was so hard on you,
free to love your son...something you were meant to do.

Mama I don't want to let you go,
but I know it's what God wants though.
I knew one day God would take you from me.
time for you to go with Terry you see.

So mama fly though the heavens, and be as happy as you can be.
and when I leave this earth...it will be you I come to see.
As sad as it may be... it was time for you to be with your son,
we had our time with you...now it's his...your work here is done.

Tomorrow mama we have to let you go,
the hardest thing is our lives I know.
But somewhere in our hearts, you will always be,
showing all the love...I know you had for me.

We will miss you mama,
more than you will ever know.
But somehow in this,
I really find a peace within my soul.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©2004



I wrote a poem the the morning after my mothers death...but I have revised it...I Dedicate this poem in loving memory to my mother...Minnie Lee Warren Wilbanks...who lost her life after a massive heart attack on Sept.3,2004...Be as happy as you can be..in heaven with your son..your dad...and your mother who joined you 27 short days after your death...I loved you more than you ever know...we all did Mama...I also dedicate this poem to my father...Thomas Wilbanks...the most wonderful man in the world...who has always been there for us...with a special love for my mother and for all his children...and to my brothers Tony and Teddy whom I love dearly...and to my wonderful sisters Jenny and Julie...I want to dedicate this poem to my best friend also...who has shown a great love for our family and read my poem at my mothers funeral... Just remember we still have each other and Mom is happy in heaven with Terry now...I love you all very much...Thank you all for the special love we have shared through the years...Joyce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home