Sunday, November 21, 2004

Holiday's Without Mama

Our first year without Mama here,
but her presence I feel near.
Our holiday's will be so very sad,
but we will spend them with our Dad.

Christmas without Mom I can't comprehend,
I know my heart will never mend.
As people sing their songs of joy
my heart fills like a stupid toy.

One wound up and then let go,
I don't fill like hearing your hohoho.
Tensel and lights oh so bright,
all I feel is fright fright fright.

Just to hear those songs she sang,
my head is going bang bang bang.
I wish I could see her standing there,
singing to my children, but life isn't fair.

As I watch my father slip away,
thinking and talking of her all day.
I know these holiday's will be rough,
even though this man is tough.

In my heart I really know
all my misery, I should not show.
I know she wouldn't want it this way,
maybe I can forget, for just one day.

So this year, I'll be alone
this will cut me to the bone.
For my mother, I will stand proud,
while she rides upon her cloud.

I think I'll pretend that she is here,
and maybe then I won't shed a tear.
Just pretend it this time last year,
and maybe then she'll still be near.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©2004


My mother died Sept.3,2004 and these holiday's aren't very joyous for us this year...We love you Mama and miss you very much...I will stand proud Mama because I know that's what you would want...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home