Tuesday, January 25, 2005

48 Years Of Love From The Man She Called Tom

48 years it would have been today,
but so far in the heavens she went away.
They shared a Love not many know,
as the Love from them, surely did show.
Through happiness and joy a Love did flower,
blessed by God, and all his power.
We also had sorrows,but our lives were very sound,
and through it all, their Love proved to be profound.
Solid as a rock you might say,
for all this Love was sent our way.
But on this day my Moms not here,
Dads alone without the one he held so dear.
Instead of celebrating an anniversary today,
me and Dad went a few miles away.
There a beautiful head stone we had found,
now to be placed upon the ground.
In memory of her beauty and her Love she shared with us all,
and how saddened we were when she died this past fall.
With her name now being craved in stone,
she sits with the Lord at his throne.
To the left of her name will be my Dads too,
and this leaves my life feeling so empty and blue.
For one day I know he will be laid to rest,
right next to her, as we are put to another test.
But Dad was so proud of the stone we'd picked out,
and I know Mom would be too, there is no doubt.
A big beautiful church with a cross on top,
it was so beautiful it made my heart drop.
With a gorgeous pathway that leads to their Love,
and way up to the heavens, so far above.
Inscribed right in under this scene will be a beautiful verse.
"Till we shall meet again and never part"
I loved this verse right from the start.
Because one day I know we'll all be there,
in heaven with Mom, and more anniversaries to share.
This one my Dad may have spent alone,
but she was in his heart where she belongs.
The 47 and a half years of Love they shared,
were years of joy,for we knew how much they really cared.
So today the first anniversary spent without Mom,
all the Love that was sent to her,
came from the man that she called Tom.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©01-25-05

We missed Mom today..and so did Dad...He has been so sad without her...Jordan my 10 year old...wished him a happy anniversary today..He had to explain to her it wasn't a very happy one because Mama wasn't here...It broke my heart...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home