Thursday, January 27, 2005

Let the Drugs And Alcohol Go

Jim you know your son is now 3 years old,
him I really wanted you to get to know.
I know you love him as your son,
but look now what you've gone and done.

You gotten yourself in trouble with the law,
nothing but trouble,that's all I saw.
I'm sorry that I can't be in your life,
but you carry around so much strife.

I don't want that for my son,
I said what I had to say, and now I am done.
Your life wasn't solid nor was it sound,
and I knew exactly where you were bound.

Bound for jail and I was right,
now in jail you'll spend the night.
Well more than one is what you'll spend,
as these rules you tried to bend.

When will you ever learn, the drinking and drugs have to stop?
Will it be the day that you drop?
I don't want that, you must see,
for this year death has overtaken me.

I've tried to share a wonderful love with you,
one from a little boy with eyes so blue.
The choices that we made, now makes me sad,
for a son now 3 doesn't even know his dad.

Neither does a father know his son,
and all of our mistakes can't be undone.
I want you to love him, and him love you back,
but how do I fix this, when it seems love that you lack.

You get drunk and messed up on drugs,
you come to me, just for some love.
But the love I have for you is just through our son,
I love you as a friend, from me that's all that you've won.

I gave you the chance to know your son,
hoping one day you two together would have some fun.
But you don't show up except every once in a while,
and from him you live only 1 little bitty mile.

So tell me now were my choices so bad?
That I've never told our son, that you're his dad.
For I know deep down inside, you'll always be walking in and out,
and this drives me crazy, I just want to shout.

As for the man who was there when he was born,
another mistake I made, that sticks like a thorn.
For the last time he saw Bobby was when he turned two,
and just like you, his love for our son didn't show true.

I want my son happy, not forever sad,
That's why I can't tell him, that your his dad.
I love our son with all my heart,
but I didn't give him a very good start.

Will he ever have a chance to be a son too you,
or will you always make his life blue.
He doesn't really know who you are,
he just knows your visits come from afar.

He sees you as a friend of mine,
who once in a while comes by to pass the time.
One that comes by now and again,
just to see his mom, and also to be his friend.

So Jim with this story I write to you,
lay down the alcohol and drugs, that make your life blue.
I hope one day that this will make you see,
the drugs and alcohol just shouldn't be.

I hope this makes you want to fight,
fight for the love of a son, with all your might.
Because one day this love, could be won,
from the little blond haired boy, you call son.

From the drugs and alcohol set you self free,
for once in your life listen to me.
Let yourself love him, please let it be done,
with this beautiful little boy, you call son.

We have both made a lot of mistakes,
so let's try to fix them before his heart breaks.
This now is your wake up call,
please look in that mirror that hangs on the wall.

There in that mirror, I'll tell you what I see,
it's my little boy, 35 years from now staring back at me.
So before it's to late and they have to bury the father of my son,
open your eyes and your heart and let his love be won.

Get to know this wonderful little boy you see,
you'll find a beautiful love there,if you could only trust me.
You will never regret it if you would put them away,
for he holds inside him a love that will always brighten your dullest day.

So please put the drugs and alcohol down,
and let this beautiful love be found.
And get to know the one,
who you call son.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©01-27-05


This story was written after Friday nights (One Drunken Night) episode with my friend who is my sons father...It's very sad... but true...Our son now pays for the mistakes we've made....I believe he loves him...but the drugs and alcohol have such a hold on him ...and he doesn't want the responsibility of him...his drugs and alcohol were always more important....Jim is a great person...fun to be around when he's not using drugs or drinking....Kids just love him...everyone does...I hope I can help him before it's to late.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home