Sunday, January 30, 2005

Moving On

I am moving on with my life,
that's the way it must be.
I had let go, of a love I once knew,
It is something you must see.

I know you saw it in my eye's,
the very last time we met.
For with the help of the Lord,
I know now where my destiny's set.

We both knew when this love began,
it would be so very tough,
There were so many things in our lives,
that would make this love rough.

And with these things they took there toll,
with each passing day they darkened my soul.
Now this winter I had to make a choice,
to let go of a love that once made me feel whole.

It was a forbidden love you see,
so many things hidden from inside your heart.
Things that should have been told to me,
they should have been told right from the start.

Things that ate me alive,
tore my soul to the core,
That's why now you see me,
walking straight out the door.

So as you see me moving on,
there are things still inside my heart.
Things that happened within our love,
that will never leave me as we part.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©2005




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home