Wednesday, April 13, 2005

A Life Time Of Tomorrows

As we live and love
a lifetime of tomorrows.
I thought you were
the ultimate gift of loving.

But wrong I was and my tomorrows
no longer include you.
Safe and sheltered
I never felt within your arms.

Just the lightest touch or
whispered breath sent me in fear.
Where my mind relinquished control
and you reigned supreme.

At first I thought this was
the ultimate gift of loving.
But again I was wrong,
it was just one of your power games.

A struggle between life and love,
and surviving your plan.
I lived your love by being there
and I survived to live a lifetime of tomorrows.


Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©04-13-05

This poem is about my EX...and yes I said EX...lmaoooo

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DEEP!!!! GOOD POEM JOYCE!!

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home