Sunday, October 23, 2005

Empty Sky

My hands now touch the empty sky
shadows dance as life stands still.
Pouring rain in my meaningless world
awaiting a fantasy to ignite inside.

Grasping nothing but a fading dream
as my hands reach out to the empty sky.
My lips now form meaningless words
as I lay here in empty dreams and scream.

Inside my heart a storm now rages
emptiness, loneliness, heartache.
That's all I find inside this mind
as I now turn all these empty pages.

There was a time I'd give anything to make you smile
a time when I would have done anything for you.
But that time has pasted and I no longer see
these dreams with you that lasted just a short while.

For time heals all within the heart
and each time I reach for that empty sky
a part of you dies here within my mind.
I will always love you but a part of me has died.

So I will keep reaching for those empty skies
as the memories of you fade away.
Until the day I no longer dream of you
and all this love for you finally dies.


Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home