Thursday, December 29, 2005

Stranger In The Mirror

I look in the mirror and what do I see
a stranger staring back at me.
Once I could see inside a woman that was alive,
but now what I see makes me want to cry.
For somewhere long ago
I lost myself I know.
I let him take me down
now all I do is frown.
Eyes once bright now are dim,
and it's all because of him.
I once could look and see,
a smile staring back at me.
With each slap he took so much away,
I can't seem to find myself to this day.
Once out going ,strong and alive,
now lies a woman feeling deprived.
Weak and lonely I've become these past years,
shedding so many many tears.
I've built these walls that now stand high,
guarding my heart from the pain of this guy.
Now every time I look in that mirror all I see
is a lonely stranger looking back at me.

Copyrights:JoyceWilbanksIvy©12-29-05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home